Sunday 26 January 2014

Another Craft Project, but Bigger


So, over the weekend I've been working on a crafty project which I've been meaning to do for a while: a decoupage stag head. A few months ago I bought a papier mache stag head which cost just a few pounds, then I found some pretty fabric squares, and I had an idea. It was only until yesterday that I started on it, and this is how it looked in the beginning:



First, I cut up the squares of fabric into four smaller squares so they're more likely to fit over the odd shape of the stag head. Using the glue designed for decoupages, I stuck on the fabric squares:


Covering the head was very easy, but the ears and antlers? Not so much. Anyway I managed, and finished my stag head earlier today:


I am very pleased with how it turned out! It's so pretty and unique, but now I have to find a place to hang it!




No comments:

Post a Comment